Christ Church is a Baptist-Methodist partnership formed from Ramsbottom Methodist and Baptist Churches in 1972. In 2011 we became a Local Ecumenical Partnership (LEP) which put in writing all that we had been working at since we came together. We are an active member of Churches Together in Ramsbottom and part of the Baptist Union of Great Britain and the Methodist Church in Britain.
As an LEP we commit ourselves to express the visible unity of Christ’s church by sharing together in prayer, shared worship and ministry, in making and nurturing Christian disciples, in serving God’s mission in our neighbourhood and beyond, keeping faithful to both Baptist and Methodist traditions.
We moved to our current building in Great Eaves Road in 1999. Our building provides comfortable and modern accommodation with good access and facilities for those with a disability including a hearing loop. We have ample on-site parking.
Christ Church Mission Plan
Our mission is:
To be a church that is grounded and united in Christ, which follows God’s path, working towards His goals through the power of the Holy Spirit.
We support this mission by aiming to do the following:
Love our neighbours
- Serve the local community by offering a place of welcome, hope and belonging where people can feel safe and respected.
- Pray for our neighbours.
- Be servant-hearted and Christ-like, particularly by seeking to promote social justice within the local community and beyond.
- Expand our vision to being bigger than just us, particularly in the way we support overseas mission.
- Provide discipleship.
- Create bridges and links between groups that meet in the church building and church life.
- Reach out into the local community.
- Ensure that everyone who comes to the church is made to feel welcome.
Make our church strong
- Be committed to praying together and for one another.:
- Ensure that our worship enables people to encounter our living Lord Jesus and is attractive to all generations.
- Continually discern God’s will for the church and obey His call.
- Encourage members of the church to work in the power of the Holy Spirit by receiving and using the gifts that He offers.