Christ Church is a Baptist-Methodist partnership formed from Ramsbottom Methodist and Baptist Churches in 1972. In 2011 we became a Local Ecumenical Partnership (LEP) which put in writing all that we had been working at since we came together. We are an active member of Churches Together in Ramsbottom and part of the Baptist Union of Great Britain and the Methodist Church in Britain.
As an LEP we commit ourselves to express the visible unity of Christ’s church by sharing together in prayer, shared worship and ministry, in making and nurturing Christian disciples, in serving God’s mission in our neighbourhood and beyond, keeping faithful to both Baptist and Methodist traditions.
We moved to our current building in Great Eaves Road in 1999. Our building provides comfortable and modern accommodation with good access and facilities for those with a disability including a hearing loop. We have ample on-site parking.
Our Vision Statement
In all that we do we are seeking to be a Community of Love, Community of Life and Community of Beauty.
Community of Love
A Community of Love is one that prays - for one another, for the wider world, as things happen and before things happen, praying prayers of blessing over places of hurt.
Community of Life
A Community of Life is one that is Spirit filled, outward looking, healthy, growing and communicating the message of Christ. It is one that values one another where all parts are working in harmony.
Community of Beauty
A Community of Beauty is one that is accepting and embracing of difference, seeing differences as positive; one that cares selflessly, putting others first and trusting in God; one that works hard to find one another's beauties and displays the wonderousness of God through the way it works together.
Our Aims and Aspirations:
- Being a church community that follows God's path, working towards his goals through the power of the Holy Spirit
- Covenanting to walk together with God, supporting one another our journeys of faith, expressed in our annual Covenant Service
- Being committed to ongoing discipleship, through participating in a whole church, Biblically based learning programme implemented through Sunday Worship; Bible Study Groups and private study.
-Being committed to praying together and for one another, through weekly prayer meetings, prayer partners, prayer and praise nights and our prayer diary.
- Being a place of welcome, hope and belonging
- Becoming a community where people feel safe to be who God created them and called them to be.
- Living a life that lives, breathes and speaks the Gospel so that others might come to know Christ.
- Serving the local community as best we can by becoming a place of safety and trust for the local community.
- Being servant-hearted and Christ-like, particularly by seeking to promote social justice within the local community and beyond.
- Being committed to exploring alternative forms of worship such as Cafe Worship, Family Fun Nights and Worship events in the community.
- Creating bridges and links between groups that meet in the church building and church life.
- Reaching out into the local community by moving beyond our building walls.
- Expanding our vision to being bigger than just us, particular in the way we support overseas mission, especially through BMS World Mission and Methodist World Mission.
- Honouring our past and learning from our history
- Not being afraid to take risks, not being scared of change and not holding onto things from the past.
Overall we seek to be Grounded and United in Christ in all that we do.